Re: Logitech harmony: lsusb shows bNumConfigurations==0

On 07/21/2010 11:37 PM, Stephen Warren wrote:
> Phil Dibowitz wrote:
>> On 07/21/2010 11:09 PM, Alan Stern wrote:
>>> Yes, that's a problem.  We should be able to fix it, though, by moving
>>> the call to usb_detect_quirks from usb_new_device up into
>>> hub_port_connect_change, between hub_port_init and the new test.
>>>
>>> Stephen, can you make that change and test it?
>>
>> That works too.
>>
>> New patch attached.
>
> Yes, that works great. I tested 50 plug cycles watching dmesg for problems
> as before, and also 3 complete configuration updates using congruity.

Sweet! Thanks for your help Alan.

Patch submitted to Greg. I CC'd you Stephen incase you're not on linux-usb.

> (Now, I need to go clean up and submit the libconcord patches for this
> remote; haven't forgotten about that...)

Thanks, Stephen. I'll attach the kernel patch to that bug as well so users
can find it if they need it before the kernel is released.

--
Phil Dibowitz                             phil@xxxxxxxx
Open Source software and tech docs        Insanity Palace of Metallica

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter
 and those who matter don't mind."
 - Dr. Seuss