Re: "lsusb -vvv" returns "unrecognized" - why?

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 2:27 PM, Danny Milosavljevic
<danny_milo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Distribution is Gentoo Linux.
> Linux kernel 2.6.32.5.
> The device is claimed by hidraw (and works fine by reading /dev/hidraw1 ).
> Tried both usbutils 0.87 and the version on the git repository from 5 minutes before I sent the mail.
>
> I only get the "UNRECOGNIZED" for this device (device protocol
> docs here <http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dqswcdk_7f7h4n2db>).
> If I check the USB mouse for example, I get "UNAVAILABLE".

I see. Your problem is different from mine. It is a USB composite device.
You may need to detach the hidraw driver for both interfaces to get
lsusb working.

You can try to follow the following thread to detach the driver for both
interfaces of your USB composite device.
http://www.microchip.com/forums/fb.aspx?m=377479

But it is still strange that you get "Unrecognized" error.

--
Xiaofan http://mcuee.blogspot.com