Re: "lsusb -vvv" returns "unrecognized" - why?

Hi,

--- Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx> schrieb am So, 30.5.2010:
> > On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 8:55 AM, Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > Danny: what is the Linux distro and version you are
> using?
>
> What what version of usbutils are you using?  The hid
> parsing did change
> a bit in the past few releases, perhaps I got something
> wrong?

Distribution is Gentoo Linux.
Linux kernel 2.6.32.5.
The device is claimed by hidraw (and works fine by reading /dev/hidraw1 ).
Tried both usbutils 0.87 and the version on the git repository from 5 minutes before I sent the mail.

I only get the "UNRECOGNIZED" for this device (device protocol docs here <http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dqswcdk_7f7h4n2db>). If I check the USB mouse for example, I get "UNAVAILABLE".

Thanks,
   Danny