Re: Samsung LTE Wireless USB Modem

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 8:14 AM, Brian Walsh <brian@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I got the generic usbserial driver to attach to the two endpoints.  I
> would have expected one of the two ports that showed up to talk AT but
> neither did.  I can try the option driver as well.  I would not expect
> the sierra driver to work since it is not a sierra device.
>

>> All modems using serial drivers (i.e. "option") that I know are using an
>> interrupt endpoint for the actual connection as well.
>>
>> It might be useful to look at the Windows behaviour more closely. Does the
>> USB ID change in any way after the driver is installed? Or the
>> number/classes of endpoints?
>>

> No, the number of endpoints does not change and neither does the USB ID.
> I have already checked out the usb mode switch tool as a possibility.

Here are some USB snoop logs I captured under Windows.  Does anyone
recognize the protocol on the ethernet interface.  It looks like I did
not get any traffic over the serial interface except device initialization.
The device is not in a service area to get any real traffic.

http://walsh.ws/linux/samsung-lte-ethernet.log
http://walsh.ws/linux/samsung-lte-control-port.log