Re: Samsung LTE Wireless USB Modem

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 3:48 AM, Josua Dietze
<digidietze@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Oliver Neukum schrieb:
>>
>> Am Freitag, 14. Mai 2010 07:03:57 schrieb Brian Walsh:
>>>
>>> I have a new Samsung LTE Wireless USB Modem.  Does anyone have any idea
>>> what driver would be appropriate to modify to support this device?  I
>>> attached the output from dmesg and lsusb.  The cd device just contains
>>> the windows drivers.
>>>
>>> I usually just deal with usbserial or cdc-acm devices.  Is this maybe a
>>> modified cdc ethernet device with the first interface showing up as
>>> vendor
>>> specific?  Under windows this connects as a network interface, control
>>> port, and mass storage device.
>>
>> cdc-ether would require an interrupt endpoint on the control interface.
>> Try option and sierra, the usual suspects.

I got the generic usbserial driver to attach to the two endpoints.  I
would have expected one of the two ports that showed up to talk AT but
neither did.  I can try the option driver as well.  I would not expect
the sierra driver to work since it is not a sierra device.

> All modems using serial drivers (i.e. "option") that I know are using an
> interrupt endpoint for the actual connection as well.
>
> It might be useful to look at the Windows behaviour more closely. Does the
> USB ID change in any way after the driver is installed? Or the
> number/classes of endpoints?

No, the number of endpoints does not change and neither does the USB ID.
I have already checked out the usb mode switch tool as a possibility.