Re: Question about usb audio history

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 10:03:25AM +0200, ext Xu, Jiazhen wrote:
> Hi experts:
>
> I found usb audio class driver files(audio.c, audio.h, usb-midi.c,
> usb-midi.h) which located in /usb/class have missed since 2.6.17, does
> these functions merged into /sound/usb/usbaudio.c, usbmidi.c? If yes, is
> it still compliance with OSS APIs? If no, why remove it from usb class
> drivers?

This question does not belong to this thread, but to try to answer
your question, if you need OSS, the alsa-oss emulation should work
fine for you. See Documentation/sound/alsa/OSS-Emulation.txt The USB
Audio/MIDI alsa driver is for USB Audio Class devices, so by enabling
both you should be fine.

Please avoid replying to a thread with a new topic.

--
heikki