[BUG] Strange interference in USB bus after device disconnect/connect cycle, reload ehci_usb solves it

Hi all,

I've been having a problem lately with two of my USB devices.

I have a DVB-T USB adapter (to watch tv on my laptop) and a Native
Instruments Audio4DJ USB sound card.

Both devices work wonderfully when I come from a fresh boot (I can
watch tv with the audio routed through the sound card). However, once
I disconnected the audio card and reconnect again, I get this regular
but not periodic interference on the audio card.
By "regular and not periodic" I mean that the time elapsed between
each interference is random, from 0.5 to 30 seconds, but it keeps
happening. The interference is a kind of crack and pop which affects
all output channels of the audio card.

>From now on (until I fresh boot again), I can reconnect the audio card
as many times as I want, rmmod and modprobe its module again and I
always get the interference. Note that unplugging and plugging the DVB
adapter makes no difference, and if I fresh boot, connect both
devices, disconnect the DVB card and reconnect, I do not get
interference - only when I do the same with the audio card.

After much research I found the culprit - apparently if I rmmod and
modprobe the ehci_usb device the interference is gone without having
to fresh boot (of course before this I unload the modules for the dvb
and audio devices).

I was to able to reproduce this problem in kernels 2.6.31 to 2.6.33 (I
haven't tried any others). I WAS NOT able to reproduce on a ICH4
laptop I have.

The DVB-T adapter uses the dvb_usb_dib0700 module and the audio card
uses the snd-usb-caiaq module.

My laptop is a Lenovo T400.

Attached are the lsusb and lspci -vvv. Please let me know if you need
any more information.

I'm mailing here for advice before I file a kernel bug, if you can
help me anyway I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks,
Pedro