Re: USB OTG Gadget Failure with musb_hdrc driver on OMAP3 IGEPv2

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 10:41 PM, Gadiyar, Anand <gadiyar@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Can you add the stall=n parameter when you load the
> g_file_storage module?

I added the stall=n parameter to the g_file_storage module and my mass
storage device was recognized immediately by my host system.  I've
read the description on the stall parameter, and am not clear on why
this should have been necessary, nor why the problems I saw manifested
themselves.  Any ideas?

> Also, the /proc/interrupts shows only 1 MUSB interrupt. Was this
> snapshot before the error messages? I would expect at least a few
> more interrupts, without which there's no traffic reaching the
> MUSB controller.

Indeed, I had provided you the contents of /proc/interrupts after
booting the board fresh and before attempting to load the
g_file_storage module.  Here are the contents after a successful load
of the module (with stall=n).

$ cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  7:          3        INTC  TWL4030-PIH
 11:          0        INTC  prcm
 12:      18387        INTC  DMA
 25:          4        INTC  OMAP DSS
 37:     167551        INTC  gp timer
 56:        612        INTC  i2c_omap
 61:          0        INTC  i2c_omap
 72:          3        INTC  serial idle
 73:          3        INTC  serial idle
 74:         10        INTC  serial idle, serial
 77:          0        INTC  ehci_hcd:usb1
 83:      16613        INTC  mmc0
 86:        134        INTC  mmc1
 92:        273        INTC  musb_hdrc
 93:        316        INTC  musb_hdrc
336:      13152        GPIO  eth0
378:          3     twl4030  twl4030_usb
384:          0     twl4030  mmc0
Err:          0
$

Thanks much for your help, Anand.  Any insight as to what is happening
without stall=n would be appreciated. I assume there is a bug lurking
that required that setting?

-- Eric