Re: Huawei BM325 zerocd issues

В Sun, 21 Feb 2010 10:52:33 +0100
Oliver Neukum <oliver@xxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

> Am Sonntag, 21. Februar 2010 10:41:48 schrieb Alexander Gordeev:
> > The problem is that it doesn't work in Linux. :(
> > When I plug the device it only shows up as mass storage but with
> > vid:pid = 12d1:3808. It doesn't work good as mass storage. I've not
> > been able to get any data from it. When I issue SCSI REZERO (using
> > usb_modeswitch), it replugs itself but it still is the same mass
> > storage with vid:pid = 12d1:3808.
>
> If I had to guess I'd say this device requires two commands.
> One to select the mode, the other to reset and switch. You are
> emitting only the second.
>
> You probably need to take a trace under Windows.

Maybe you are right. I'll experiment further.
UsbSnoop log shows other SCSI commands, but there is nothing special.

Anyway the thing that surprises me most is that the device shows
itself as 12d1:3809 under Windows and as 12d1:3808 under Linux at the
first plug. How can it be fixed (if it's indeed a problem)?

--
  Alexander