some questions about UHCI and EHCI

Dear all:
I am quite curious about how the control pass from ehci to uhci/ohci
or control pass from uhci/ohci to ehci when I plug fs/hs device at the
same port?

As I know, ehci and uhci/ohci will first register their pci drivers at
module init call.
Then the interrupt of uhci will keep happening.

My questions are:
1. why the interrupt of uhci keep happening, is that defined in uhci spec?
2. both ehci and uhci register the same irq# and same irq function,
usb_hcd_irq, how os know to pass the correct hcd when irq happen?
(if I remember correctly we use request_irq to register irq function,
but i cannot see the parameters we pass in the function have any
information to let os tell if interrupt of ehci happen, bring hcd of
ehci or interrupt of uhci happens, bring hcd of uhci.)

Sincerely thanks for your kind help in advance,
vichy