Re: some questions about UHCI and EHCI

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 10:14:57PM +0800, vichy wrote:
> Dear all:
> I am quite curious about how the control pass from ehci to uhci/ohci
> or control pass from uhci/ohci to ehci when I plug fs/hs device at the
> same port?

It is described in the usb spec, hopefully :)

> As I know, ehci and uhci/ohci will first register their pci drivers at
> module init call.
> Then the interrupt of uhci will keep happening.

What do you mean by this?

> My questions are:
> 1. why the interrupt of uhci keep happening, is that defined in uhci spec?

What do you mean by "keep happening"?

> 2. both ehci and uhci register the same irq# and same irq function,
> usb_hcd_irq, how os know to pass the correct hcd when irq happen?

The driver can determine which interrupt really was for it.  It's a
sharred interrupt line, quite common.

I'm confused as to the exact problem you are trying to resolve here.

thanks,

greg k-h