Re: Performance comparison of same device in Linux and Windows

> Yes: hdparm, dd, and time.
Using hdparam, I was unable to perform write operations. I am using
this command as hdparm –t /dev/sdb1 to perform reads.
Could you please let me know, how to make writes using the tool.

> It would be better to use "of=/dev/null" because then the outcome
> wouldn't be affected by the performance of the /home/testing device.

This is great. I am getting the same results as using Windows using
xHCI and USB3.0 cable.

However if I connect the device to the USB2.0 port, still I see the
difference in data rates (~10MB/s) between Windows and Linux.
I am using default MS drivers in both Linux and Windows XP.

Linux
--------
dd if=/dev/sdb1 of=/dev/null bs=1G count=1
1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 43.4181 s, 24.7 MB/s

Windows (using Crystal Disk Mark performance measurement tool)