Performance comparison of same device in Linux and Windows

Dear All,

Is there any performance tools available under Linux environment to
measure the performance of the mass storage drivers? Currently I am
using DD and hdparm commands to get the data transfer rates of my
device. By connecting my device to Windows I got lot of improvement in
data rates.

Linux
--------
dd if=/dev/sdb1 of=/home/testing/disk.Image bs=1G count=1
1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 30.091 s, 35.7 MB/s

Windows (using Crystal Disk Mark performance measurement tool)
I got 95.8 MB/s for the same device for 1 GB of data read.

My question is, why there is lot of difference between Windows and
Linux for the same device?

I am using xHCI controller and Sarah Sharp driver.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
RD.