Re: USB Gadget Driver query

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 2:05 AM, Felipe Balbi <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 02:34:43PM -0600, Bill Gatliff wrote:
>> Felipe Balbi wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > I'm trying to think of a way for passing usb idVendor, idProduct and
>> > some strings to the gadget driver via some platform_data but I can't
>> > come up with a way that would work for all gadget drivers, specially
>> > wrt functions that have to be bound several times.
>> >
>> > Does anyone have a good idea for solving that ?
>> >

>> Module parameters? I know this isn't exactly what you were asking, but...
>
> yeah, could be done that way, but then the if move to userland :-p
>
> the ideal world would be to have board files to pass that information
> down to the gadget driver.
>
> --
> balbi

I did not understand your question completely. Are you looking for a
way to override product id, vendor id used in zero.c ether.c etc? Or
do you have another gadget driver (which registers your configuration
and may use existing functions like mass storage, rndis, CDC-ECM etc)?

Composite framework already provide a means(module parameters) to
override product id, serial number etc. All gadget driver includes
composite.c so if we initialize them, composite.c would override
product id and vendor id set by any gadget driver after calling its
bind method. As they are module parameters and can be accessed from
any where in the kernel, can be overridden in board file too.

Thanks,
Pavan