Re: bluetooth adapters keep disconnecting with an "USB disconnect"

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010, Manuel Naranjo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I represent a compnay which designs manufactures and sell bluetooth dongles.
>
> We have a few designs based on Bluecore 3, 4 and 5 from CSR. We have
> noticed that some of our devices based on BC4 and 5 are been renumbered
> on the usb bus on a regular basis, something that wasn't happening before.

Does this occur on Windows and Mac OSX systems as well as under Linux?

> I've been investigating this for a few days when I came across this
> series of emails, but yet couldn't figure out the reason or a solution.
> I can provide Alan, Oliver and who ever needs it with detailed
> information from the usb device if they need it.
>
> We're quite certain it's not the chip it self or the firmware as they're
> Bluetooth certified by the BT SIG, quite sure they certify the usb side
> too as it's part of the specs for H2.

If possible, it would be good to capture one of these "disconnect"
events using a USB bus analyzer.

Also, I'd like to see a usbmon trace showing one of these events.
Peter, you should be able to set that up.  The instructions for usbmon
are in the kernel source file Documentation/usb/usbmon.txt.

Alan Stern