Re: bluetooth adapters keep disconnecting with an "USB disconnect"

If I use two or more hubs the disconnects are getting more frequent. I haven't tried it yet without a hub because of just three usb-ports. But I think that I could disable the soundcard and the gsm-module, log in through ssh and run a test with only the three bluetooth-adapters (so without a hub).
Hopefully over the weekend.

Have you tried running with only one bluetooth adapter at a time?

You should also try removing all the _other_ USB devices.

Alan Stern
Hi,

I represent a compnay which designs manufactures and sell bluetooth dongles.

We have a few designs based on Bluecore 3, 4 and 5 from CSR. We have noticed that some of our devices based on BC4 and 5 are been renumbered on the usb bus on a regular basis, something that wasn't happening before.

I've been investigating this for a few days when I came across this series of emails, but yet couldn't figure out the reason or a solution. I can provide Alan, Oliver and who ever needs it with detailed information from the usb device if they need it.

We're quite certain it's not the chip it self or the firmware as they're Bluetooth certified by the BT SIG, quite sure they certify the usb side too as it's part of the specs for H2.

Regards,
Manuel