Re: enumeration issues with minipci-express usb device after power-cycle

Hi Alan,

Thank you for taking the time to look at my problem.

Alan Stern wrote, on 09-01-10 18:20:
> Here's a test you can do.  After unplugging the motherboard's power
> cable and rebooting, unload the ohci-hcd module.  Then start up a
> usbmon trace using the 0u file (see the instructions in the kernel
> source file Documentation/usb/usbmon.txt) and reload ohci-hcd.  Let's
> see what the trace shows.

I will definitely make a note of this and use it when I got a simpilar
problem again! Many thanks.

> By the way, does it make any difference if the minipci-express device
> is unplugged while you reboot and then plugged in afterward?

When the device was unplugged during reboot and plugged in afterwards
it would just work.

> Since the device works okay on one computer but not on another, there's
> probably some issue with the USB components on the ALIX.6E2
> motherboard.

It seems the problem was the minipci-express device itself, an
firmware with boot-loader upgrade solved the problems.

Kind regards,

Jelle