Re: libraries for the FT232RL:: libftd2xx.so.0.4.13 libftd2xx.so.0.4.15 libftd2xx.so.0.4.16

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 09:47:02AM +1100, Roger Salisbury wrote:

> Hi All ..... any confirmation or help greatly appreciated
>
> To clarify further....
>
> My device  uses  FT232RL  from Future Technology Devices International
> www.ftdichip.com
>
> I purchased from
> http://www.dontronics-shop.com/super4-usb-relay-module.html
>
> My experience is very limited, the problem could be other than the libraries
> ,
> & the manufactures (TCTEC) (www.emx.net.au) .
>
> The support folks from TCTEC  (http://www.emx.net.au/super4usbrelay.htm)
> tell me that FTPI  developers will update the libftd2xx.so
> library,
> in the 1st quarter of 2010.
>
> Whether this is true , and would it fix the problem I don't know.

Then ask them, we have no control over their libraries.

> ______PROBLEM____
>
> libftd2xx.so.0.4.1X  (ALL)   libraries all have a major defiency.
>
> from kernels 2.6.18 up to 2.6.32 kernels they all suffer the same problem.
>
> The /dev/ttyUSBX  disappears when you unplug the device. .... as you would
> expect!
>
> BUT
>
> The disappearing of the device occurs when it is still plugged in.
>
> All you need to do is run the "lrelayset" command.  either listing , setting
> or unsetting will do.
>
> Although the /dev  listing disappears the "lrelayset" command is still
> usable/active.!

This is a library issue, they are disconnecting the device from the
driver, which causes the device node to go away.  Please contact them to
fix their code, nothing we can do about it, sorry.

greg k-h