Re: 答复: 答复: [Consulting about: xHCI host dies on device unplug]

On 24.1.2024 13.42, Zhangzhansheng wrote:
Mathias:

In regard to the question “What the reason of the usb host controller handing the stop endpoint command timeout maybe two a) and b).”Just to add the follow  one :
When the problem arising, the function of “xhci_halt “ operated the host controller successfully. So I think the usb host controller should be ok.

So, I gussess that the usb host controller has no enough time to handle with a large number of xhci command.

This issue was resolved in 5.19 kernel with patch:
25355e046d29 xhci: use generic command timer for stop endpoint commands.

After this patch the timer is started when xHC start processing the command, not
when driver queues it.

I strongly recommend trying a more recent kernel where all these issues are
fixed already.

Thanks
Mathias