Re: 答复: [Consulting about: xHCI host dies on device unplug]

On 22.1.2024 6.03, Zhangzhansheng wrote:
Mathias:

Sorry for the late reply.

Specific kernel log information as showed in the email attachment.

Also details about xHCI host vendor, kernel version, and lsusb -t output would help.

xHCI host vendor is Renesas UDP720201, kernel version is linux4.4.65. I am so sorry to say that lsusb kernel command is currently not supported.

Vendor and linux version message is as follow:

4.4 kernel is now 8 years old (Jan 2016). There are a lot of changes since then,
including some Renesas host vendor specific quirks.
Logs show transaction errors on endpoint 0, probably while reading descriptors
during enumeration.

I'd recommend trying with a more recent kernel such as 6.7,
If that also fails the we can take a closer look at it.

If 6.7 works but you need to run a 4.4 kernel for some reason, then I'd
suggest bisecting the kernel until the right fix is found, and backport it.

lsusb is a part of usbutils. Source: https://github.com/gregkh/usbutils
But most distributions have a ready package named usbutils.

Thanks
Mathias