From: vkm [viral.vkm@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, November 26, 2009 1:47 PM
To: Subbrathnam, Swaminathan; linux-usb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: DaVinci MUSB controller with CPPI DMA

Hi,

Subbrathnam, Swaminathan wrote:
> Viral,
>
> Did you happen to apply all the related patches on the 2.6.10 kernel from TI?
I am not sure if I got you correctly or not.

But, I am using (as I said) MVL 2.6.10_mvl401 Kernel and that has (if I
understand correctly) 2.6.10 kernel + ./mvl_patches/mvl*1721*.patch
I was looking for if any latest release available which may have more
number of mvl*.patch and that might include CPPI DMA related fixes as well.

Anyway, here is what I am planning to do:
1. Going through git log for *musb* on mainline kernel
2. Decide what are the patches relevant to musb and cppi DMA for iso
transfer.
3. Study them to understand the logic change. Implement same logic
change for 2.6.10

I am hopeful that I will make it fully functional if not getting drastic
performance improvement.
And I have already done a good start. I just *fixed* (or backported
nicely) "musb_host_tx 1371: null urb, TXCSR2 = 3400" which I was getting
on second time ISO transfer.

I also came across this link,
http://linux.omap.com/pipermail/davinci-linux-open-source/2008-June/006917.html
Wherein you just mentioned that you have *forward port* 45 patches. I
was also trying to look for those 45 patches which were for 2.6.10 as
you mentioned.

Thanks for the help again.

Thanks,
Viral