basic doubt on root hubs (on an embedded SoC)

Hi All,

I have a basic doubt on root hubs.

I'm working on a media SoC which has 1 USB interface which can
function both as a host and a device (would this qualify for OTG? the
datasheet doesn't mention OTG though) and an on-chip PHY. Here's an
excerpt from the datasheet about the USB host controller:

"The USB 2.0 Embedded Host Controller is fully compliant with the USB
2.0 specification and the Enhanced Host Controller Interface (EHCI)
specification revision 1.0. The controller supports high-speed
(480Mbps) transfers. The controller comprehends the high-speed,
full-speed and low-speed data ranges providing compatibility with a
full range of USB devices. The full-speed and low-speed operations are
supported through the EHCI software stack via a transaction
translation layer."

Now my question is, does the EHCI also function as a root hub? As in
the root hub is incorporated into the host controller?

If I have to add another USB port to such a device, will it be
possible to connect it to the existing root hub?

I'm asking this because its mentioned that the host controller also
has an on-chip PHY, and as I understand I'll have to connect my second
port directly onto the USB bus and not to the PHY interface. Is my
understanding correct?

Thanks,
-mandeep