Re: MUSB: loading g_ether causes crash

Hello.

Gadiyar, Anand wrote:

Sergei,

I'm seeing a crash on OMAP3430 after loading g_ether with a
USB cable connected. Crash log is attached. This is on
linux-omap kernel + Greg's usb.current and usb queues.

I've bisected it down to the following patch from you which
is currently in the usb queue:
  usb-musb_gadget-remove-pointless-loop.patch [1]

Without this patch , I don't see a crash.

   Thanks for finding an issue!

I'll try and dig deeper tomorrow, but if you already know
what the problem is, let me know.

I think I'm seeing it -- it's my wrong optimization at end of musb_g_tx(). I'll send an updated patch in a jiffy.

I can test patches on a 3430 board if you have any.

- Anand

[1] <http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/gregkh/gregkh-2.6/patches/usb/usb-musb_gadget-remove-pointless-loop.patch

WBR, Sergei