Re: device descriptor not sent correctly

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 Greg KH wrote:
> [...]
> > I'm trying to use an evaluation board as USB gadget, but when I
> > connect it to a host, the host says "unknown device" and VID and PID
> > are both 0000. So the device descriptor is empty or not sent properly.
>
> Not necessarily, I've seen vid and pid set to 0000 in some devices.

How so? For example, in the drivers g-serial and g-zero, the VID is set to 0x0525. Why is it set to 0000 later? What can I do to avoid this?

> [...]
> > Can you point me out, which function does listen to the host, or which
> > function actually sends the device descriptor? It does not have to be
> > in pxa27x-udc, I would also appreciate, if you can show this in any
> > other driver, because I only want to see, what such code looks like.
>
> The USB core handles all of this for you on the host side.  On the
> gadget side, it is in the "type" of device that you have specified to be
> built for your device.  What type did you set?

Sorry, you mean the type of the device driver? Then, it is g-serial as CDC-ACM, but also others like g-zero as normal type. (The drivers are compiled as modules and modprobed with no parameter.)

Best regards!