device descriptor not sent correctly

Hello!

I'm trying to use an evaluation board as USB gadget, but when I connect it to a host, the host says "unknown device" and VID and PID are both 0000. So the device descriptor is empty or not sent properly.

The board has a module with pxa320 chip. I used pxa27x-udc as USB device controller driver, and I tried different gadget drivers, like g-serial and g-zero, with the same result.

Can you give me a hint, what is maybe going wrong, please?

I also wonder, how the device descriptor gets sent by the kernel. I have read, that the USB device must listen to the host. Then the host asks the device for all the descriptors and the device responds.

Can you point me out, which function does listen to the host, or which function actually sends the device descriptor? It does not have to be in pxa27x-udc, I would also appreciate, if you can show this in any other driver, because I only want to see, what such code looks like.

Thanks in advance for any hints!

Best regards!