RE: additional debug output for autosuspend in cdc-ether

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009, Rickard Bellini wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It seems that the frequency of the XactErr is a bit lower with the msleep in hub.c
> However this can be wrong. I would need at least a week of testing before I can say for sure.
> I tried both 10ms and 50ms but eventually the XactErr will show up. Below is a log
> with comments using the 50ms delay. Usbmon log is attached.

Hmmm.  There's one more test I'd like you to try.  Move that
new msleep() line into remote_wakeup(), just before the line that says:

		usb_mark_last_busy(udev);

Use 50 ms for the delay.  I don't expect this to change the behavior,
but I would like to see the resulting usbmon log.

This is looking more and more like a hardware or firmware problem,
either in the device or in your EHCI controller.  Ultimately there may
be no choice but to disable remote wakeup.

Alan Stern