Re: Hardware handshaking not enabled for FTDI-based usb serial adapters in 2.6.32-rc7

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 09:21:44 -0500
"Martin Geleynse" <mgeleyns@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It appears that the FTDI usb serial driver (drivers/usb/serial/ftdi_sio.c) in
> 2.6.32-rc7 still has problems with hardware handshaking. In response to a
> customer support call I have investigated a bit and find that both 2.6.31.6
> and 2.6.32-rc7 have the same behavior, whereas version 2.6.30 does not.

The fixes for this got bogged down somewhere along the way but should be
in -rc8.

> I believe the high-level driver tty driver is not requesting that the
> handshake signals be enabled or set appropriately.

You are correct - it would not raise DTR/RTS on open if the first open
was done with O_NDELAY set.

Alan