Re: A videocam works on OHCI and fails on UHCI

Am Samstag, 14. November 2009 22:01:16 schrieb Theodore Kilgore:

> Reset the camera? By what means would you have in mind? Close the app and
> re-plug the camera? It has been tried, of course.

No, I had the driver calling usb_reset_device() in mind. Or for testing
purposes, you manually via usbfs.

> Also, there is even so the more basic question that if this is the
> particular manner of the failure, then why does the failure occur on 3
> UHCI-based machines and it does not occur on 3 OHCI-based machines? Not to

If I had to guess and this is wild speculation, because UHCI schedules
periodic transfers differently from OHCI.

> But, wait a minute. Could it be that the detection scheme is killing the
> data packets? Maybe. But, again, this is happening only on UHCI hardware.
> And also one might assume that I tried lots of things. For example, is it
> possible to bypass the detection scheme completely by writing code which
> is "hard wired" to initialize only an mr97310a CIF type 1 camera?
> Certainly it is. Have I done that and tested said code? Certainly, I have.
> Did it make the camera to work on an OHCI machine, as one ought to expect?
> Yes. Did it make the camera to work on a UHCI machine? No.

So the other type works on both controllers?

	Regards
		Oliver