Re: A videocam works on OHCI and fails on UHCI

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009, Oliver Neukum wrote:

> Am Samstag, 14. November 2009 18:47:04 schrieb Alan Stern:
> > The other is that the camera really is sending empty data packets.
> > Then one has to figure out why the camera behaves differently in the
> > two environments; presumably only the manufacturers have enough
> > information to make that determination.
>
> Indeed. Therefore this route may be an unproductive path.

I agree.  And I agree that it's looking more and more as though the
differences in schedulng between ohci-hcd and uhci-hcd are somehow
responsible.  But the usbmon traces show each URB ending at exactly the
expected time, which means the scheduling is as it should be.  And it's
hard to see how the driver could think that a packet contained 0 bytes
when it actually contained more.

A bus analyzer would at least help narrow down the search space.

Alan Stern