Re: Possible problem with thunderbolt 4

Hi Christian,

On Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 04:10:12PM +0200, Mika Westerberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 11:52:59AM +0100, Christian Schaubschläger wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Am 27.01.23 um 13:27 schrieb Mika Westerberg:
> > > Yeah, I just got report from the folks and unfortunately we were not
> > > able to reproduce the issue in the lab. The PCIe tunnel stays up (or
> > > gets re-created) after reboot from Linux and is visible in the UEFI
> > > shell (so in the BIOS).
> > >
> > > So at the moment I'm out of ideas why this happens since Windows flows
> > > should be the same. And we have no means to repro it locally to
> > > investigate further :/
> >
> > Ok. I try to get access to some more TB4 devices. Currently I have two
> > (HP, Lenovo) that show the issue when the software connection manager
> > is used.
>
> We should be getting one HP EliteBook 630 G9 soon (I guess this is one
> of the systems you see the issue). Once we get it we will try to repro
> and investigate further.

We are able to reproduce the issue and it was root caused to be missing
UNSET_INBOUND_SBTX port operation during retimer enumeration. I posted a
series of fixes few minutes ago (with you Cc'd) and one of them should
fix this issue:

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-usb/20230306113605.46137-3-mika.westerberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/