Re: Possible problem with thunderbolt 4

Hi Mika,

>>> Previously you said you'd talk with your Windows folks about this; any
>>> news from there?
>> I've talked to them and still in talks with the UEFI folks but the
>> current undestanding is that Windows does not do anything special when
>> the system is rebooted (so equal to what Linux does). There is one
>> "development" system in Israel lab that should be pretty similar to what
>> the HP system of yours is but the person who was going to try to
>> reproduce is in sick leave now.
> Ok...
I was just wondering if there are already any news from your lab in Israel with the similar HP system. And if the issue can be reproduced there...

Another thought of mine was, if it wouldn't it be useful to have a kernel commandline switch (or thunderbolt module option) that allows the user to select whether the software connection manager should be used, or the firmware connection manager (if avialable)? I understand that in general using the sw connection manager is favorable because the OS then has control over the connection, but maybe there are use cases where letting the firmware doing the job is just fine (like in my case ;-)

Thanks and best regards,
Christian