Re: Possible problem with thunderbolt 4

Hi,
> Okay thanks for checking. I'm discussing with our Windows folks if there
> is something done differently in Windows side. They do similar reset in
> certain flows but I'm not sure if it is exactly on "reboot" and it is
> not clear whether Windows and Linux "reboot" in general is doing the
> same thing either.
>
> In the meantime, did we try this already?
>
> 0. Drop all kernel changes
> 1. Boot the system up, nothing connected
> 2. Plug in the dock
> 3. Check that it works (lspci etc.)
> 4. Unload the Thunderbolt driver
>
>   # rmmod thunderbolt
>
> 5. Reboot the system

I think we did not try this one so far. But I did now -> same result...

What I _did_ find out is this: if I disable ACPI on the kernel command line (acpi=off), things work fine. I can even boot with the dock unplugged, then plug it when linux is up, and it works in linux, and also after the reboot in the firmware!

Of course switching off ACPI is not a real option... but maybe this brings some light into the dark...

Regards,
Christian