Re: Wireless USB and host association. (fwd)

Dave Mielke wrote:
> [quoted lines by Oliver Neukum on 2009/11/01 at 18:55 +0100]
>
>> It is in the standard for wireless USB.
>> Linux supports it. See include/linux/usb/association.h
>
> Can you tell me which kernel begins to support it?

There has been a CBA driver in the kernel since 2.6.28 (I think).  I
wouldn't recommend building an application to use this driver -- just
use libusb from the application instead.

> Does it happen automatically upon device connection, or is there a user-level
> application which must be run? If the latter, what's it called?

There needs to be a user space application to manage association.  This
does not exist yet (except as a CSR internal prototype that only
supports numeric association).

David
--
David Vrabel, Senior Software Engineer, Drivers
CSR, Churchill House, Cambridge Business Park,  Tel: +44 (0)1223 692562