Re: [Fwd: Requests regarding sysfs documentation and USB]

On Fri, 2009-10-09 at 10:38 -0400, Alan Stern wrote:
> > The other request is for some way to inhibit loading of in-kernel USB
> [snip] Or maybe you mean "binding" rather than "loading".
Indeed, sorry about that.

> The feature you appear to be asking for has already been added to the
> 2.6.32 kernel.  For more information see
>
> 	http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=124650199917239&w=2
Looks reasonable for our purposes.  One question though - you mention
that "The patch does not guarantee exclusive access to these devices; it
is still possible for more than one program to open the device file
concurrently".  Is there a specific reason for this, or would it be
something that could still be changed, or perhaps added as an option?

And thanks for your informative reply!

Michael
--
Sun Microsystems GmbH        Michael Thayer
Werkstrasse 24               VirtualBox engineer

Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1, 85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028