Re: [RFC v1] USB: core: add USBDEVFS_REVOKE ioctl

On 26.04.22 09:21, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
> Yes, but, it's not so simple.  Many people have asked for revoke() to be
> added as a syscall like is in the BSDs, but the BSDs only allow that for
> a very small subset of file descriptor types, and doing it in a generic
> fashion seems very difficult (I tried a few years ago and gave up, but
> my knowledge of the vfs layer is minimal.)
Well, then we should go for the minimalist approach and just
add a hook to VFS. Multiple different ioctl()s are definitely a bad idea.
An frevoke() looks much easier to do than one based on paths.
If I understand the issue behind the proposal correctly the caller
has opened the device.

    Regards
        Oliver