proposal to delete the skeleton driver

Hi,

it seems to me that the method of maintaining an example driver
does not work because it will inevitably be

* untested

* out of date

Thus our documentation would be improved by replacing its examples
with code from drivers for real hardware. Such code wouldn't be pretty
or written for text books, but it would be tested.
I could do it this week in a first proposal. But I don't want to start
if somebody feels that the skeleton driver absolutely has to stay.

    Regards

        Oliver