Re: proposal to delete the skeleton driver

On Tue, Dec 07, 2021 at 11:16:37AM +0100, Oliver Neukum wrote:

> Thus our documentation would be improved by replacing its examples
> with code from drivers for real hardware. Such code wouldn't be pretty
> or written for text books, but it would be tested.
> I could do it this week in a first proposal. But I don't want to start
> if somebody feels that the skeleton driver absolutely has to stay.

In addition to your idea, I wonder if we could point people at some
simple "real world" drivers that people could look at which are (a)
simple, and (b) relatively clean and free of anti-patterns that we
don't want driver authors to copy pasta into their drivers.

Sort of like how we have the "minix" and "ext2" file systems as
examples that we will sometimes point people to who want to understand
how to do their own new file systems.

       	  	    	     - Ted