Re: How to proceed: usci_acpi: PPM init failed (-110)

On Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 08:06:26PM +0200, Samuel Čavoj wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The driver times out talking to the PPM (the message pops up 60 seconds
> after loading the module, the timeout in ucsi_acpi_sync_write).
> The command which times out is the first one after resetting the PPM in
> ucsi_init, enabling basic notifications.
>
> The laptop in question is an ASUS UM325U, with the AMD Ryzen 5700U SoC.
>
> The ACPI description of the USBC000 device looks reasonable to my eyes,
> but I am not an expert. The _DSM Method copies the UCSI OpRegion to (or
> from) EC memory. I can provide a dump if needed.
>
> I am looking for guidance on how to proceed, I am not too familiar with
> the UCSI other than peeking at the spec for a short while.
>
> Looking the error up online leads to various discussions usually ending
> with installing an nvidia driver, however mine does not have any
> dedicated GPU.

Can you send full dmesg output, and acpidump:

        % dmesg > dmesg.dump
        % acpidump -o acpi.dump

If enabling the notifications fails, then I'm not sure the EC firmware
on this board actually supports UCSI. That would not be unheard-of
situation.

thanks,

--
heikki