How to proceed: usci_acpi: PPM init failed (-110)

Hello,

The driver times out talking to the PPM (the message pops up 60 seconds
after loading the module, the timeout in ucsi_acpi_sync_write).
The command which times out is the first one after resetting the PPM in
ucsi_init, enabling basic notifications.

The laptop in question is an ASUS UM325U, with the AMD Ryzen 5700U SoC.

The ACPI description of the USBC000 device looks reasonable to my eyes,
but I am not an expert. The _DSM Method copies the UCSI OpRegion to (or
from) EC memory. I can provide a dump if needed.

I am looking for guidance on how to proceed, I am not too familiar with
the UCSI other than peeking at the spec for a short while.

Looking the error up online leads to various discussions usually ending
with installing an nvidia driver, however mine does not have any
dedicated GPU.

Regards,
Samuel