Re: "USB MS CV Failing"

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009, velempati Chiranjeevi wrote:

> Hi Alan,
>
> Even though the solution of sending the ack only after set_config
> return seems to be working, the real issue is,
>
> What if two function drivers want to wait on DELAYED_STATUS in a
> composite framework?

How could this happen?  When the first function driver decides to delay
its status reply, the host will be forced to wait.  The second Setup
packet won't be sent until the status has completed.  Therefore the
second function driver won't get involved until after the first
function driver is finished.

> Which driver of the two should send the ack? If we decide, to send
> from a particular function driver, how do we ensure that the
> particular driver(which send the ack) return from set_config after the
> other driver?

I don't understand this question.  If you're talking about a Set-Config
request, the status shouldn't be sent until _all_ the function drivers
have finished handling the configuration change.

Alan Stern