Re: Myson usb 51 in 1 device

Please always use Reply-To-All.  If you send message to me only then
nobody else on the mailing list will see them and so they won't be able
to help you.

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009, Dennis Veatch wrote:

> > > Ok, here is what I got but the it caused a hard lock up about 2 seconds
> > > after plugging in the device.Used `cat /sys/kernel/debug/usbmon/0u`. Hope
> > > its helpful;
> >
> > Unforunately it isn't.  It stops just before the point where
> > usb-storage gets involved.
> >
> > If you're doing all this from an X window, you might want to try using
> > a VT instead.  If the system crashes you'll stand a better change of
> > seeing the error messages.
> >
> > Alan Stern
> >
> > --
>
> Well, I am stuck now. After several attempts of killing X and trying usbmon
> from the good ol console; as soon as enter is pressed to cat the output of
> usbmon, the system hard locks and gives no more information than I have
> already posted. I have no idea how to get around it.

Have you tried using copying the 1u file instead of 0u?

Does the lockup occur even before there is any USB activity?  For
example, suppose you don't have any USB devices plugged in when you
start the "cat" program.  Does the system still lock up immediately, or
does it wait until you plug in a device?

Alan Stern