Re: proposal: move Linux userspace USB gadget projects to linux-usb GitHub organisation?

On Sat, Feb 06, 2021 at 07:35:00AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Wed, 2021-01-20 at 16:19 +0100, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
>
> > If you can get the "owners" of these repos to agree, than sure.
>
> A couple of owners of these repos have already agreed.
>
> If you would like me to do the transition, I'm @pabs3 on GitHub.

I still don't see the benefit here, what is this going to change?

> Do you think the Linux Foundation, Samsung, Collabora or another
> company might be interested in investing in maintenance of the Linux
> userspace USB gadget projects?

I have no idea, sorry.

> If so I would be happy to be paid to do
> some initial polish on the projects and to shepherd continued community
> maintenance afterwards as well as package them for Debian and other
> distributions.

If Debian hasn't already packaged up any of these, that's a huge
indication that no one actually uses them :)

> If not I'll have less time for that but might at least
> bring the projects up to where they can be added to Debian.

What projects are not in Debian already that somehow need to be there?

thanks,

greg k-h