Re: proposal: move Linux userspace USB gadget projects to linux-usb GitHub organisation?

Hi!

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 11:39:22PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
On Wed, 2021-01-20 at 16:19 +0100, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:

If you can get the "owners" of these repos to agree, than sure.

Excellent, please invite these GitHub users to the linux-usb admin
list, so that they can move the projects if they want to.

Matt Porter: @ohporter (for libusbg)
Krzysztof Opasiak: @kopasiak (for libusbgx, gt)
Karol Lewandowski: @lmctl (for gadgetd)
Andrzej Pietrasiewicz: @andrzejtp (for cmtp-responder)

If you would like to invite me too, I'm @pabs3 on GitHub.

I expect some other folks on linux-usb might like to join too.

After the ptp-gadget on git.denx.de is no longer available there,
I moved the latest stack of the project to my own github account.

https://github.com/mgrzeschik/ptp-gadget

This could be added as well.

Thanks,
Michael

But we should work out the libusbg and libusbx issue, which is really
the "latest" one?

libusbgx is a fork of libusbg and is more recently updated.

I'd suggest to also move libusbg and archive it (make it read-only).

If you are moving the repos, why do you care about the issue and pull
request database anymore?  Will they just not end up going away?

When moving projects (as opposed to forking them), GitHub moves
everything along with the git repo, including issues and pull requests.

--
bye,
pabs

https://bonedaddy.net/pabs3/