Re: Kernel lockup when unplugging device from hub

> Those XactErr message also indicate communications errors.  But you
> have far too many of them in your log; they suggest there is something
> wrong with your hardware.  Probably a bad cable or a bad hub.
The thing is, everything was working before. OTOH, I might have switched USB
cables on the Wacom recently. I'll try swapping out cables and hubs and see
what happens.

> > combinations of these two lines:
> >   ehci_hcd 0000:00:13.2: detected XactErr len 0/9 retry 1
> >   usb 1-2.1.3: unlink qh4-0601/ffff88004884c6c0 start 1 [1/2 us]
> > with retry 1 every time. The latter seem to be outputted only when I have my
> > wacom tablet plugged in, and seem to cause it to be jumpy. This seems an
> > unrelated issue, though, since these messages appear at boot already, befor
> > unplugging any device.
>
> This funny behavior is caused by that hub-or-cable problem.  You might
> want to try plugging the Wacom tablet directly into the other hub (the
> one the audio device is attached to).
There's no hub there, it's plugged directly into the laptop (so probably a
root hub then?). If I plug the Wacom in directly, it works fine, which seems
to rule out the cable to the wacom. Still leaves me with the cable to the hub
and the hub itself.

I've already tested another hub and cable with the keyboard-receiver
unplugging, which (before patching my kernel) caused the same warning. But
there might just be two separate issues here, then.

> There's still those dma_pool_destroy problems to track down...
I'll see if I can find any faulty hardware involved and remove that, to get a
cleaner log. Might take a few days until I can find the time, though.

Gr.

Matthijs