Re: Issues with LaCie USB3 drive and UAS

Am Dienstag, den 08.12.2020, 20:00 +0000 schrieb David C. Partridge:

Hi,

> I'll chase up the supplier over the cable.

What we have often seen is that cables go right to the edge of what is
allowed and so do devices and - lo and behold - the combination does
not work.

> Would I be right to assume that this LaCie device (and other Seagate USB
> devices) will the added to the database of quirks? So that when Oliver's fix
> goes "mainstream" no-one will need to add options for modprobe?

Yes. I have submitted it.

> Hmm I wonder how long it will take the Ubuntu Kernel to catch up with
> Olivers patch?

Greg usually applies such patches to the stable tree. Weeks to a few
months or so I'd say. I cannot comment on Ubuntu's update policies.

	Regards
		Oliver