RE: Question on clear_tt_buffer for not TDI but with built-in TT

Hi, Alan,

> > And, for Xilinx's EHCI host controller with built-in TT, we do not
have
> > any registers for special management of TT buffers. Since Xilinx's
EHCI
> > host controller can be configured as HS only or HS/FS (which will
have
> > TT), so we have a flag to show whether TT is in the hardware or not.
> > Software therefore can set the has_tt flag. In hardware, the host
> > controller is also aware of whether TT is built in. In the case when
TT
> > is there, and if the directly connected device is FS (which enables
TT),
> > then traffic is filtered by the TT. In the case if the HS control
> > transfer is a clear_tt_buffer, TT will clear its TT buffers.
>
> What HS control transfer?  usbcore never sends control transfers or
> interrupt transfers to the root hub.  Instead it calls
> ehci_hub_control() or ehci_hub_status_data().

That is right. The traffic that TT is filtering is the traffic from the
root hub to devices.

> > I wonder whether it is possible to add in a flag, such as
> > tt_support_clear_tt_buffer, which is default to be off. And if it is
on,
> > then clear_tt_buffer can be sent to the root hub?
>
> You have to explain more clearly how the Xilinx controller expects to
> receive these messages.

I am not sure whether it is possible. But a control message of
HUB_CLEAR_TT_BUFFER is expected to clear the tt buffers inside TT for a
particular endpoint, just like the one in hub_clear_tt_buffer(). My
understanding is that this message will be addressed to the root hub,
however, it will go through the TT, and get executed there.

> Alan Stern

Thanks,
Julie.