RE: Question on clear_tt_buffer for not TDI but with built-in TT

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009, Julie Zhu wrote:

> And, for Xilinx's EHCI host controller with built-in TT, we do not have
> any registers for special management of TT buffers. Since Xilinx's EHCI
> host controller can be configured as HS only or HS/FS (which will have
> TT), so we have a flag to show whether TT is in the hardware or not.
> Software therefore can set the has_tt flag. In hardware, the host
> controller is also aware of whether TT is built in. In the case when TT
> is there, and if the directly connected device is FS (which enables TT),
> then traffic is filtered by the TT. In the case if the HS control
> transfer is a clear_tt_buffer, TT will clear its TT buffers.

What HS control transfer?  usbcore never sends control transfers or
interrupt transfers to the root hub.  Instead it calls
ehci_hub_control() or ehci_hub_status_data().

> I wonder whether it is possible to add in a flag, such as
> tt_support_clear_tt_buffer, which is default to be off. And if it is on,
> then clear_tt_buffer can be sent to the root hub?

You have to explain more clearly how the Xilinx controller expects to
receive these messages.

Alan Stern