Re: Forcing a specific baud speed in ftdi_sio

Hi,

I truly apologize for the late reply. Somehow I missed it.

2009/7/8 Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Why can't you just run a program that sets the baud rate to this speed
> on the device, before running the ERSP program?

Wouldn't that require access to the file pointer that is used by ERSP?
Can I do something like

  FILE *fid = fopen ("/dev/ttyUSB0", "w");
  set_baud_rate (fid);
  fclose (fid);

  ERSP_stuff_goes_here ();

? Will the baud rate still be used after the call to 'fclose'? It
should be noted that I do not have access to the internal data
structures used by ERSP (proprietary software is sooo annoying).

> If that doesn't work, yes such a change can be made to the driver for
> you, but as you have found out, the odds of it working properly on
> future kernel releases is quite slim.

Yeah, I know. This is suboptimal, but I only think we'll be using this
software for one or two years more (after which we should be able to
use a Free Software solution), so I can live with this.

I've tried messing a bit around with the code, trying to force a
specific baud rate, but I didn't succeed. Does anybody have any
pointers that could be of any help, i.e. which function would be the
right place to force the baud rate to a specific value, do I need to
do this before or after some function calls, etc. ? I really don't
know much about kernel hacking so even the most obvious pointers would
be helpful.

Søren