Re: usb.ids update

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009, Greg KH wrote:

 	I don't really have a strong opinion about the driver name. It
could be useful if you don't have it configured in your kernel.

Yeah, but are you going to do it for every device?

Obviously no.

And what happens when driver names change for devices (it happens at
times)?  I'd recommend just not doing it at all, otherwise it could get
very messy very quickly.

Sounds like you don't want them. I'll not accept patches with them and would accept a patch removing it.

thanks,

greg k-h

--
|Stephen J. Gowdy                     | CERN       Office: 8-1-11|