Re: Return of PENDING status to SCSI driver

Ramya Desai wrote:
I can not post the code in public because of some limitations I have.
But Still I am confused with return status (to SCSI layer) for the
command while it is in progress, to get the next command. Is it some
thing like PENDING?

To repeat: any "return status" of a currently-executing command is largely irrelevant to you.

1) You are given a command, via ->queuecommand

2) You send that command to hardware

3) When hardware is done, call the completion callback

Your driver never returns a "pending" status to the SCSI layer. The SCSI layer is __already__ fully aware that a command is pending, when it is passed to your driver.

	Jeff